|2017 ISA Seminar Highlights & Wrap-Up|
26TH ANNUAL ISA SEMINAR|
APRIL 21 – 23
FORT WAYNE, INDIANA
HILTON GRAND WAYNE
O'SENSEI ROBERT H. BOWLES
April 22, 2017
Hanshi John Venson and Kyoshi Donna Judge led exciting and fun-filled Shuri sessions with the 20 amazing karate kids who attended this year!
26TH Annual ISA Seminar - April 21 - 23, 2017
O'Sensei Robert Bowles and Kyoshi Sandra Bowles hosted the 26TH Annual ISA Seminar at the Hilton Grand Wayne Convention Center in Fort Wayne, Indiana this weekend!
The ISA Association Seminar provides Shuri-Ryu Stylists and Martial Art Practitioners from all Styles and all Ranks a forum and opportunity to gather, share, and grow in mind, body and spirit together. This year's seminar was no exception!
The caliber of Instructors (Local, National and International) were outstanding and phenomenal. The seminar content was relevant and pertinent to the martial art: lineage; history; standards: technique, application, execution; daily life situations. Break-out sessions included introduction, demonstration, and participant practice with one-another and one-on-one attention and included discussion, question and answer periods!
Celebrations & Congratulations!|
April 22, 2017 was a Historic Night of ISA Appointments, Rank Review Promotions and Kobudo Review Titles.
Kobudo Title Review:
Special Recognition & Thanks:|
- Special recognition and thanks to O'Sensei and Kyoshi Bowles for all they do. It takes an immeasurable commitment of love, time, energy, creativity and attention, first and foremost, to "promoting and continuing the vision of Grandmaster Trias to propagate the Shuri System throughout the world." This 2017 - 26TH Annual ISA Seminar proved to be a wonderful and enriching seminar experience, far exceeding expectation, for all who attended.
- Special thanks to ISA Chief Instructors, Assistant Chief Instructors for their presence, guidance, positive critique, support, and encouragement while all the while sharing knowledge and understanding.
- Special thanks to school heads for their unending support and attendance and involvement of students.
- Special thanks to the seminar instructors as they gave of their time, pouring out years of knowledge and passion for all to experience and grow!
- Special thanks to the members of the Rank Promotion Board and the Kobudo Title Review Board, both ensuring the Shuri Art Standards are maintained and each participant receiving quality feedback.
- Special thanks to the numerable and invaluable volunteers!
- Special thanks to you, the Seminar Participants!
Each of you, by your presence at this event, made this ISA Seminar a success as you brought with you your own set of assets and energy. It is hoped that you will be here next near! And we challenge each of you to bring a friend who has not yet had the opportunity or perhaps the awareness of this experience or perhaps just could not make it this year.
For more information about the ISA, the ISA Seminar and ISA Kobudo Seminar, how to become a Member of the ISA, upcoming seminars, and more, please visit: www.shuri-ryu.com
Disclaimer: Every effort was given to accuracy of content and correct spelling. Please accept our apologies for any errors. Amanda C. Kaufman, Sensei, Yondan, Tachi - Okinawan Shuri-Ryu Karate-Do